CIHR is the primary source of federal funds for health research in Canada; other suggestions for funding are:
- Disease-related foundations (e.g. Heart and Stroke Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation).
- Industry partners. A pharmaceutical or medical device company may not provide direct funding for a project, but they may consider donating the study intervention (e.g. drug or device).
- St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation.
- The Providence Health Care Research Institute (PHCRI) website lists some awards and funding opportunities.
- PHCRI and CHÉOS have weekly or bi-weekly e-newsletters that include funding opportunities. Subscribe at: